1. Do you have an age limit? For classes and Detroit River tours the minimum age is 14 years old. For rentals at Elizabeth Park and the canals of Belle Isle, the minimum age is 6 years old. All minors must be accompanied with an adult while on the water.
Please contact us at (734)285-2925 to discuss class options for youth under 14 years of age.
2. What is your weather policy? We paddle in light rain (after all, it is a water sport). However, if there is a 50% or greater chance for thunderstorms 3 hours prior to the tour we will cancel with a full refund issued or reschedule the tour.
The group leader and class instructor reserves the right to call off the tour or class at any time due to bad weather. If possible, we will reschedule your tour/class or provide a refund. Thank you for your understanding!
3. What is your cancellation policy?
If for any reason you have to cancel your reservation or change the date of your booking, please call at least 48 hours prior to the tour/class for a full refund. There are no refunds after that 48 hour period.
Sorry, cancellations made with less than 48 hours notice will not receive a refund unless we are able to fill the spot with another participant. If we are able to fill the spot we will refund 85%. No shows forfeit the entire tour or class fee.
4. What should I wear on a tour / class? Kayaking is a water sport, therefore we recommend you dress to get wet. Try to avoid wearing jeans, and cotton sweat shirts. We recommend you wear / bring; water shoes, shorts / capris, t- shirt, wind breaker, hat, sun glasses, sun screen, water bottle, small snack.
1. Do you price match? We do price match.
- We will match any price in writing you must bring the advertisement or other written statement).
- The item must be new and must be the exact same make and model (ie, the same size, color, season, etc.).
- We will match prices from retail stores only - No auction websites.
- This offer is not retroactive - it is only valid at the time of purchase.
- We reserve the right to edit or cancel this offer at any time
2. Can I do a layaway? We do offer a layaway program on kayak purchases.
- Layaways require 20% deposit and at least a 20% payment every month, not to exceed 120 days.
- Kayaks not picked up after 120 days (starting from beginning of layaway agreement) will receive a $10.00/ month storage fee.
- Deposits are non-refundable if item(s) are on hold longer than 10 days.
- There will be no refund, and item(s) return to stock, for item(s) held over 31 days without payment.
3. What is your policy on returns? We offer a 30 day return policy for un-opened, un-damaged products, in their original conditions.